Mobile apps have replaced your PC in recent years. There will be a time when mobile apps will rule the app stores. Apps have now become the most crucial aspects of the digital journey. You can download your apps from anywhere like tablets, smartphone, or any other technology which is available. You rely on your apps to check the weather, schedule your meetings, scourge maps to locate places, find your favorite products, and so on.
An average user gets delighted on finding free apps and does not put up merrily with a boring app. So, it is very important as a developer to understand the user mindset and how will it affect the designing of apps and influence app store optimization patterns. It’s not a cakewalk to compete with over three million mobile apps which are available. You need to get the customers attention. So let’s first look at what is App Store Optimization.
Simply speaking ASO is improving the visibility of your mobile app on the app store. It can also mean the process of ranking apps through keyword searches and pushing more downloads. There are a few things like title, screenshots, keywords, retention rate, conversion rate, which affect your ASO conversion rates.
So optimizing your app store gives you the immense potential to redesign and develop your app to suit the needs of your users. Yet, there are some common myths centered on app store optimization, which needs to be debunked. Let’s go through some of them.
- Your presence in the app store doesn’t guarantee you high rankings in the play store. Building your app takes around five months and making your app discover you take years if you don’t know how to optimize your app. Normally users discover you through unique search patterns. Unfortunately, most developers don’t realize this trend and believe that users will simply come across their app like they normally do when they discover a new item in the store. Even Facebook and Google has dedicated ASO strategists to review their presence, so it is important to make your presence felt rather than be in the picture.
- It is a common mistake that developers make in aligning their app name with popular search names. The app stores are heavily influenced by the keywords which affect search ranking algorithms. But the title name is not part of the keyword. So naming your app with commonly found names can hurt your interests. Don’t overstuff your name with keywords. Rather use attractive, short, and crisp titles to attract the viewer. Keywords are important, but also its proper usage. You need to use basic catchphrases to build your keywords. Your keyword needs to be significant and remember every word pays.
- According to Appreviews.ninja, reviews are one of the most important factors for ASO. They need to focus on your improvements and help you define your business. But the ratings and reviews are not the only important factors in the app store optimization. They don’t directly influence the functioning of your app. Sometimes even low ratings do not influence your conversion rate. Studies have shown that even some top apps don’t have higher ratings. This is the reason why many app owners are investing in fake review generation as well as resorting to ghost downloads for better ASO rankings, so with the basic ASO tactics; you can make your app achieve better rankings but not enough downloads.
- It is a common myth that app descriptions aren’t that important, but it is not so. The description is one of the most critical aspects of your optimization process. Descriptions are equally important like your titles, catchphrases, screenshots as well as your icons. The two hundred odd characters you write are critical for your app development. A sound description joins together your descriptions and snapshots in auditing the application. You should make your description remarkably interesting to attract and hold your user. So, your description is not an extra, but an integral part of your app presence. If you don’t pay heed, you app will fade into oblivion in a very quick time. Previously we posted about the best apps in regards to Truth or Dare and we found that all the top-rated apps in our list had impressive descriptions, icons and screenshots.
- There is a lot of misbelieve that if you change your title, frequently, you will get better reviews. Some digital marketing companies to believe that changing your title, you attract high ranks. You should select your titles only once because hurried changes will affect the algorithm of your title framework. The app stores take time to list your keywords, and title is a very valuable tool in your repertoire. It can also result in a lot of keyword fluctuations where data-driven decisions are extremely important.
So ASO decision is extremely critical for the functioning of the app. As there are millions of apps, there is immense competition in the marketplace to generate more reviews and downloads. Although these services are effective, you need to be careful about some myths surrounding the ASO benefits and process. If you consider the above points, you are sure to generate more downloads for your business.