Airsoft is a harmless yet competitive shooting game, the pellets fired by the Airsoft guns don’t hurt a lot. However, there have been a few reported close-firing cases which has caused bleeding and hurting the forehead. Don’t want it to happen? The best way would be wearing a good-quality Airsoft helmet!
When the pellet is shot from long-range it doesn’t hurt much, but the severity of the injury increases when it is a close-range shot. A lot of users on Reddit at r/Airsoft have mentioned about getting hurt on forehead. That’s why I thought of doing a research and coming up with the best helmets for Airsoft!
When the pellet hits the forehead, it could cause “visible” injuries, but if it hits the eye, there’s a chance that you might lose your vision. That’s why the Airsoft experts whom I interviewed asked me to mention about “Eye protection” and also asked me to tell my readers that it’s equally important or in some cases more important than a Airsoft helmet!
Let’s begin with the list, shall we? (I know you are excited!)
- 1. Best for Airsoft – LOOGU Fast BJ Base Jump Military Helmet with 12-in-1 Headwear
- 2. Best Runner Up – ATAIRSOFT Adjustable Maritime Helmet (ABS)
- 3. Best Steel Airsoft Helmet: East German Steel Helmet
- 4. Best Military Look: LOOGU Fast PJ Base Jump Military Airsoft Helmet with 12-in-1 Headwear
- 5. Airsoft Helmet with Night Vision: Jadedragon PJ Tactical Fast Helmet
- 6. Best Durability: OneTigris MICH 2000 Style ACH Airsoft Helmet with NVG Mount and Side Rail
- 8. Best Budget Steel Airsoft Helmet – SYLPHID Green WW2 German Elite
- 9. Best Ballistic Airsoft Helmet – Outry Tactical
- 9. Cheapest Yet Safe Airsoft Helmet: OneTigris Multicam Helmet Cover
- 10. Best Bargain: Soft Air M9 US Army Helmet
- Airsoft Helmets – The FAQs
- The Verdict
1. Best for Airsoft – LOOGU Fast BJ Base Jump Military Helmet with 12-in-1 Headwear
- Weight: 1 pound
- Size: Head Circumference is 22.4-23.5in
- Material composition: Plastic
Loogu is one of the manufacturers of military-grade gear like tactical helmets, nets, traps, and other items for the army, hunting, and other fields.
The fast BJ Base Jump Military helmet fits anyone with a circumference of the head around 22.4 to 23.5 inches.
It has an occ dial-adjustable band with easily detachable leather pads around its build. It is a multi-purpose twelve in one functional helmet.
At remarkably light helmet, falling around the range of one pound. It has ventilation holes and adjustable pads to customize for multiple-impact according to the user’s requirement. The lightweight composition makes it easier to carry on your head and doesn’t cause unnecessary strain on the body, especially during combat. It is a perfect helmet for airsoft practices and matches.
You can easily install a camera, flashlight, and other gear on the helmet. Not only airsoft, but you can also see it flourishing in other fields like paintball. There is an adjustable knob on the helmet to firmly grip the wearer’s head and prevent slip-off. You can play without requiring to consistently adjust your helmet, or hold it while you run.
- Multiple compatibilities
- Very light on the head
- Head Knob to adjust the grip of the helmet
- Standard military gear
- Made up of plastic
- Does not provide ideal protection of a helmet
2. Best Runner Up – ATAIRSOFT Adjustable Maritime Helmet (ABS)
- Weight: 1.7 pounds
- Size: 21 to 24 inches
- Material composition: High-Quality ABS
ATAIRSOFT Adjustable Maritime Helmet comes with two sizes, which range from Medium to Large and Large to Extra Large.
It is one of the light weighted helmets in the range of 1.7 pounds with the material composition of the plastic. Hence, it is not ideal for ballistics and real-field combat. However, it still offers remarkable protection one would need in Airsoft.
The helmet comes with side rails to mount flashlight and store goggles. There are NVG Shroud and bungee design to support it. The helmet is customizable with several options like lights, nametapes, cameras, and so on. However, it does not come with any manual users could follow.
It does not have temple support or extra parts. Thus, it requires an additional purchase for the actual appeal. The sturdy helmet is good for most of the people with big heads. The size standards of the helmet are a little off and may require a proper check. But the helmet is certainly a great companion in an Airsoft match.
It is more preferred for paintballs at the number third on the sales in that department. Users have given it 4.5 stars due to its fully-customizable option and lightweight.
- Completely customizable
- Multiple Sizes
- Light helmet
- Suitable for Airsoft and Paintball
- Easy to mount
- Made up of APB Plastic
- Not suitable for real time application
3. Best Steel Airsoft Helmet: East German Steel Helmet
- Weight: 5 pounds
- Size: Fits all
- Material composition: Steel
If you love history and want to feel like a border control police in Germany during world war II, you have the perfect helmet.
The helmet comes in a single size which will fit most of the individuals. It is supposedly the historical piece and a collective edition over the top. So if you can grab one, do it as soon as possible.
There may also be reproductions, but the company mostly supplies authentic goods. Made up of steel, the helmet is a robust headgear. What makes it great for Airsofts and other sports? Well, it allows you to show off and flaunt. There are also initials and markings on some of the helmets like made in the years of world war 2.
Furthermore, there is classical airsoft with modules following older warfare, and you will fit right in which this headgear. It is perfect for combat and other purposes. However, the build isn’t military-grade. The helmet can offer protection against several falls and thumps, but it is outdated. Thus, it cannot mount flashlights and other equipment.
The vintage helmet is great to enhance the elegance of any helmet collector. A must-have piece for the collectors. People have given it 4.5 stars, but it weighs quite heavy. As it is a product of past technology, it does not offer many options for comfort.
- Authentic Border Police Helmet
- Steel build
- Fitting for real-life applications
- Fits almost any head comfortably
- A collectible
- Does not have any modern innovation
- A little heavy
- Cannot mount anything like flashlights and other equipment
4. Best Military Look: LOOGU Fast PJ Base Jump Military Airsoft Helmet with 12-in-1 Headwear
- Weight: 1 pound
- Size: Head Circumference is 22.4-23.5in
- Material composition: Plastic
Loogu is bringing you a PJ type helmet for the appeal of military personnel. It is a hard polymer construct that is fit for any head with a circumference of around 22 to 23.5 inches. The helmet follows the standard integrations of modules like an occdial-adjustable band with leather pads. These pads can be replaced or customized in positioning.
It is remarkably easy to install any gear on the helmet from cameras to flashlights, and name tags. It has a facemask and an aesthetical design for a perfect camouflage during an airsoft game. Due to its material composition, it is also one of the lighter helmets. Thus, it does not cause unnecessary fatigue and strain on the individual wearing or carrying it.
However, much like the other helmet, it is not suitable for actual combat and ballistics. The material is fragile in comparison to actual weapons. Thus, it is only suitable for Airsoft practices. Though, as it is a helmet with sturdy plastic composition, it can withstand as much damage as any other similarly built helmet.
The people generally like the helmet as Loogu is known for building gears like these. It has received four stars out of five and seems quite affordable.
- Adjustable knob for head
- Easy to mount
- Easy to install gear
- Ideal for Airsoft and Paintball
- Light on the head
- The plastic build is not suitable for actual combat application
- Can’t house too many gears at once
5. Airsoft Helmet with Night Vision: Jadedragon PJ Tactical Fast Helmet
- Weight: 2.1 pounds
- Size: Head circumference 21.2-23 inch
- Material composition: ABS (plastic)
- Comes with Embedded Night Vision
This invincible Steel metal mesh product is certainly an ideal one for the airsoft enthusiasts. The extremely comfortable fabric of nylon makes the helmet even more productive in difficult conditions.
The helmet build consists of ABS engineering plastics, which are quite effective in the practice of Airsoft and paintball. The helmet looks mesmerizing with amazing shades and colors available. The use of EPS Anti-seismic plastic makes it quite sturdy and durable, as well.
The goggle also complements the styling bits of the helmet with a stunning design. Goggle is made from Thermoplastic Polyurethanes and has great visibility even in adverse conditions. The lens of the goggle is made from polycarbonate, which ensures a dynamic view from the lens as well. The product also weighs under 1kg, which makes it quite light as well.
This amazing helmet has two side rails that are compatible with NVG shroud, IFF, Safety Lights, and Goggle strap clips as well. With amazing night vision proficiencies, the product looks to be a great value for money prospects as well.
- Great functionality
- Incredible design
- The highly durable quality of the helmet
- Great proficiencies of the Goggle as well
- The extremely comfortable fabric inside
- Slightly uncomfortable side straps
- It is priced on the higher side
6. Best Durability: OneTigris MICH 2000 Style ACH Airsoft Helmet with NVG Mount and Side Rail
- Weight: 3 pounds
- Size: 56-61cm/22-24 inch
- Material composition:
The OneTigris Mich 2000 is an extremely comfortable Helmet is ideal for Airsoft and paintball gaming experience. The product comes with an appropriate number of sponge inside the helmet for comfort and utility.
This helmet comes with NVG Mount and side rails, which makes it compatible with other devices as well. Loops around the helmet give it an elegant visual appeal. The product may provide the assistance of flashlights, visors, Coms headset, and Camera as well, which makes a perfect utility helmet.
The helmet is ideal for rapid gameplay as it doesn’t cause any obstructions to the player. It’s extremely easy to carry while playing Airsoft and Cosplay as well. Though there is not much padding in the front of the helmet, it still is an amazing product for those who prefer aesthetic yet productive headgear for games like Airsoft and paintball.
The stunning black shade of the helmet makes it look stunning and a must-have for all the enthusiasts. The side straps do feel uncomfortable after continuous gaming activities, but these straps can be changed with some customized aftermarket upgrades.
- Easy to carry
- Stunning design
- Additional loops for more productivity
- Ideal for Airsoft and Paintball
- Made from durable material
- Cheap build quality
- Slightly heavier
8. Best Budget Steel Airsoft Helmet – SYLPHID Green WW2 German Elite
- Weight: 3.6 pounds
- Size: Fits head size 7 to 8
- Material composition: Thick Steel
If you want to get your hands on a sturdy and heavy helmet that will protect you in ideally all the situations, then this helmet should be your ideal choice.
The shell of the helmet is constructed of thick steel and is quite large in size, and it replicates the historical era of WWII, where Germans used thick steel helmets. Sylphid has been successful in replicating the classic WW2 helmet. The leather chinstrap consists of a tan interior and a black exterior for that smart look.
The best thing about this helmet is that you can adjust the liner to fit (57-61 cm) area. The chip strap and the liner are made of pigskin, and the helmet is so sturdy that even if you hit it with a wooden baseball bat, there will be no dent. Its price is also quite affordable, and you get a great quality product in a limited budget.
It can be a bit bulky for a few people, but you adjust the size of the helmet according to your need for the best fit. The liner of the helmet is not made of real leather but will definitely give you a feel of it. It is quite comfortable to wear during long rides.
- Offers strong protection
- Affordable price
- Adjustable fitting
- Stamps to mark its originality
- Bit bulky
- A little smaller chain strap
9. Best Ballistic Airsoft Helmet – Outry Tactical
- Weight: 3 pounds
- Size of the helmet: 9.8w x 5.9h inches
- Material composition: Plastic (ABS)
This ballistic Airsoft helmet has especially been designed for playing outdoor games and is not bulletproof. It has been made with very plastic ABS that is of extremely high quality.
You can easily adjust the size of the helmet by using the strap buckle. Front goggles that have been installed in the helmet provide complete eye protection.
You can also find foam pad placed inside the helmet for ultimate comfort. It provides great head protection for paintball, airsoft, shooting hunting, and other tactical activities. You can even use it while cycling for maximum protection if you have an accident. It also comes with adjustable suspender straps for the perfect fit.
The accessory rail connectors offer attachment points to facilitate quick attachment or release, like visors, cameras, flashlights, and so on. The pads easily connect and are quite comfortable. You can adjust the shell’s size if you have a very big melon head.
- High quality and extremely durable ABS plastic
- Offers great head protection
- Comes with an accessory side rail connector
- Adjustable suspender strap and chin pad offer the best fitting
- The sponge padding inside the helmet makes it very comfortable to wear
- The size of the helmet can be quite big for people with a small head
- If you wear it for a long time, then it might hurt your neck area
9. Cheapest Yet Safe Airsoft Helmet: OneTigris Multicam Helmet Cover
- Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Size: 17×11 inches and 18×11 inches
- Material composition: 500D CorduraNylon (USA Material)
OneTigris is bringing you a Multicam helmet for providing your helmet an extra layer of protection. With its two sizes, it can fit the majority of helmets with ease. Light on the head, the cover incorporates aesthetics of military gear for an army-like appearance. However, it does not come with a helmet.
You will have to order the helmet separately. The cover can hold multiple cameras with the MOLLE hook and loop system. With simple NVG Removal, it is easy to install or remove on a whim. Composed of 500D Cordura Nylon, it is capable of withstanding wear and tear.
It is not only a plaything but a real gear. The cover is in use by personnel in the various combat-oriented profession like SWAT and military. It is cheaper than most standard gears and gives that extra look. Regardless of the purpose and the build of the helmet, the Multicam helmet cover is a flexible choice. It has generally received favorable reviews with 4.5 stars and ranks second in Airsoft helmets.
- Multi-Cam support
- Military aesthetical appeal
- 500D Cordura Nylon material
- Easy to install
- Relatively light on the head
- Does not come with a helmet
- Size may be restrictive to larger heads
10. Best Bargain: Soft Air M9 US Army Helmet
- Weight: 0.3 ounces
- Size: 7.5 x 7.1 x 1.2 inches
- Material composition: ABS plastic
If you want to safeguard your mind in complex circumstances and want to experience the feeling of ultimate relaxation, then this helmet can be a bliss for you.
This tactical Airsoft helmet is made of high-quality vinyl ABS which is the perfect replica of the helmet used in the m9 US army. It’s extremely durable and lightweight, and the unpolished ABS plastic offers the perfect and comfortable fit.
The chin strap of the helmet can be a bit uncomfortable but is quite smart in appearance. The cushion or pad is not present inside the helmet, so it can be a bit uneasy about wearing, but overall, it’s a good helmet at the price point at which it comes. It also works extremely well for airsofting and deflects 400 fps shots triggered from the airsoft guns.
The best thing is that you can easily adjust it to suit any head size. It looks extremely smart and sturdy, and with so many advanced features, you get what you pay for with this helmet.
- Made with durable ABS vinyl material
- Affordable price
- Can be adjusted to fit and head size people
- Lightweight and easy to wear
- Great for airsoft and paintball
- Comes without any padding on the inside surface.
- Size of the helmet might be a little big for people with a small head.
Airsoft Helmets – The FAQs
Well, yes. They aren’t harmful, but during close-range fights, if you end up shooting someone who isn’t wearing a Airsoft helmet then there’s a good chance that it could hurt.
Yes, you surely can use it. However, we don’t recommend you to use a motorcycle helmet during a game. It is because, they are heavier than the Airsoft helmets, a few fields in the US won’t allow it, it could have fog issues and much more.
Well, a few fields do provide the helmets, but they aren’t available always, besides they’ve been worn by others and remain uncleaned for years. That’s why we suggest you to buy one rather than renting an Airsoft helmet from the field store.
No, not at all. Airsoft is a completely harmless sport, it doesn’t cause much hurt to the players involved. However, a protection gear is quite important and is a requirement at most of the fields. Helmet is not compulsory in many fields, but why take the risk when you can grab the best one for around $40-50
There are 100s of Airsoft helmets in the market. Our job is to help you choose the one which is perfect for your needs. We’ve done research and after around 77 hours of testing a few models, interviewing helmet and Airsoft experts, we’ve posted this list of 10 best helmets that you shall consider when buying a protective gear for Airsoft
I’ve not tested all of them personally, but as of my research and based on the Industry experts in the Airsoft and Helmet industry, these are the best face protection helmets that you can use while playing Airsoft. So, which Airsoft helmet are you going to buy?
Have you found a helmet that is better than the above-listed models? What are you waiting for, just comment down below with the details and let us know. If we think that it really is worth being added to the list, you’ll see it here with proper credits to you for the suggestion!