Disclaimer: When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read More
After researching and testing 27 air purifiers, here’s a list of 14 quietest air purifiers. But how did I test? Firstly, I did the location testing at places such as home, office cubicles, bedrooms. After being done with the places I tested them for allergies, smoke, pet dander, pet smell, etc. I didn’t make this list based solely on performance, but I also tested them for the sound levels.
It may come as a surprise to most to learn that air in the indoors is often more polluted than outside. That’s why there’s a huge rise in the usage of air purifiers in the indoors.
In the Indoors the dust, pollen, and molds cling to fabric and upholstery and make your allergies and cold far worse than they should be. That’s why you need the best-rated air purifier to keep the air around you clean. However, since they are going to work continuously like an air conditioner, you might need them to be quiet.
It should help if you have a good quality quiet air purifier to keep your lungs clean. The best are HEPA filters that have a sound level under 30 dB (< 30 dB is whisper quiet). This type of filtration is considered suitable for a hospital operating room. But they are quite expensive to own and operate. But, are they more expensive than getting a lung disease? NO!
For those that are not sensitive to ozone, you can get an air filter that includes an ionic filter stage as well to further enhance the cleaning power.
- 1. Best Quiet HEPA Air Purifier: Fellowes AP 300PH
- 2. Best Quiet HEPA Air Purifier For Pet Dander: Honeywell HFD-120-Q
- 3. Best Silent Air Purifier for Dust Removal: Honeywell 18155
- 4. Best Sound Proof Air Purifier for Allergies: Blueair Classic 205
- 5. Best Quietest Air Purifier for Smokers: GermGuardian AC9200WCA
- 6. Best Small Room Air Purifier: Honeywell 17000-S
- 7. Best Cheap Air Purifier: Hamilton Beach Trueair Compact Pet Air Purifier
- 8. Best-rated Quiet Air Purifier for Asthma: Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0
- 9. Best Air Purifier for Baby: Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K
- 10. Best Air Purifier for Large Rooms: Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-700A
- 11. Best Air Purifier for Basement: Coway AP-1512HH
- 12. Best Air Purifier for Cooking Odors: Winix 5300-2
- 13. Best Quiet Air Purifier And Humidifier [Combo]: SHARP KC850U PlasmaCluster Air Purifier
- 14. Best Air Purifier for Dust Mites: Blue Pure 411
1. Best Quiet HEPA Air Purifier: Fellowes AP 300PH
- Noise level: Ultra Quiet
- Filter Type: Hepa Filter, Sanitised Antimicrobial Treatment On Carbon Filter.
- Fan Speeds: 4
- Coverage Area: 300 sq ft
- Dimensions: 9.8 x 16.5 x 21.9 inches
The Fellowes AP 300PH Air Purifier purifies indoor air safely and quietly with a 4-stage purification system.
It has a True Hepa filter, which removes almost 99.95% of airborne particles, including those as small as 0.3 microns. It removes pollens, allergens, viruses, germs, dust mites, mould spores and even cigarette smoke, which creates a fresh and clean environment.
It has a carbon filter with sanitized antimicrobial technology, which removes odors, which is helpful if pets are in the house. It effectively removes fungi, dust mites on the carbon filter itself, which prevents the re-circulation of these into the air.
The air cleaner comes with a display panel, that shows when the filter needs to be changed; it has red and yellow lights to indicate filter change.
There is an air purity sensor that monitors the air quality and adjusts the fan speed automatically, with 4 manual Fan Speed options. The unit is ultra-quiet for home and office use and can be run without fear of noise intrusion.
- Ultra-quiet operation
- Effective Hepa Filter with Carbon Filter
- Removes 99.95% of airborne particles
- Dust tends to accumulate on the filter (clean regularly for efficient operation)
- LED display too bright
- Air Quality Meter is affected by humidity
2. Best Quiet HEPA Air Purifier For Pet Dander: Honeywell HFD-120-Q
- OSCILLATING AIR PURIFIER – Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietCleanOscillating Air Purifiermakesthe air in yourhome cleaner. It circulates air in a medium room(up to 170 sq. ft)&helps capture up to 99% of airborne particles as small as 2 microns
- HELPS REMOVE DUST AND MORE -This quietair purifierhas 3 air cleaning levels that can help remove particles like pet dander, pollen, dustandsmoke. Also hasan on/off oscillation control and LED touch button control panelfor easy adjustment
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION –Honeywell Air Purifiers for homefilter and circulate air up to 5 times an hourin the stated room size–120x per day. You can breathe easy knowing the air in your home is fresher, cleaner and has fewer allergens
- PERMANENT FILTERS –This home air purifierincludes a permanent washable filterand 2 pre-filters to choose from.One is installed and washable, or the other pre-filter helps reduce odors and VOCs.For washable filters,simply rinse with water and let dry
- A BRAND YOUCAN TRUST–Backed with a 5-year warranty, Honeywell air purifiersare a trusted partner in the fight against airborne particles
- Noise Level: 20.8 Db – 45.6 Db (depends on fan speed)
- Filter Type: True Hepa Allergen Filter, HepaClean Filter
- Fan Speeds: 5
- Coverage Area: 170 sq.ft
- Dimensions: 28.7 x 11.2 x 10 inches
The Honeywell QuietClean Air Purifier incorporates a permanent filter that removes up to 99% of airborne allergens. The filter is washable and vacuum-able, so it does not need to be replaced, which results in cost savings. This means that replacement filters are not required, which also means a reduced cost of operation.
It is an oscillating air purifier that helps to capture more airborne particles. It incorporates 3 cleaning levels and the oscillation feature can be switched on or off.
Not only does it removes pet odors effectively, but is also suitable for neutralizing other odors, pet danders, dust, pollen, smoke, etc. It effectively removes 18 times more pollutants than ionic purifiers and circulates the air 5 times an hour. It neutralizes odors and clears the air for a healthy breathing area.
The air filter is also Energy Star – certified for energy efficiency, resulting in power and cost savings. It is quiet and efficient in its operation
The Honeywell Air Purifier has little impact on electricity bills; it is energy efficient, saving money while helping the environment.
Note: Be sure to read the cleaning instructions for your filters to make sure you clean and dry them appropriately to maintain filter life and effectiveness.
- Oscillates for increased efficiency
- Energy efficient
- Washable filters
- The ionizer stage can cause Headaches if you are sensitive to ozone (go with a pure filter-based air filter w/o an ionizer if this is the case)
- Noisy Operation compared to some other models
- Cleaning Filters is tedious
3. Best Silent Air Purifier for Dust Removal: Honeywell 18155
- Electronic filter clean reminder; quietly cleans the air with no cold exhaust draft
- Easy to clean with household vacuum twice a year
- HEPA filter never needs replacement; 19-3/8 L by 19-3/8 D by 19-inch H
- Removes up to 100-percent of bacteria and germs that pass through
- Air purifier with hepa filter for rooms up to 197-square-feet
- Noise Level: 20.6 Db – 43.5 Db
- Filter Type: Hepa Filter
- Fan Speeds: 5
- Coverage Area: 197 sq.ft
- Dimensions: 19.4 x 19.4 x 19 inches
The Honeywell 18155 Silent Comfort Air Purifier is efficient in quietly cleaning the air without any cold exhaust draft. The unit is easy to clean with the help of a household vacuum cleaner and needs to be cleaned twice a year.
The Hepa filter does not need replacement and is capable of removing up to 100% of germs that pass through it. It has a slightly triangular build, which means it can be tucked away into corners, thus saving on space. The motor is powerful enough to clean the air efficiently in a room up to about 200 square feet.
The unit does not have an ozone generating system built-in, therefore people with ozone-related sensitivity (headaches) should not have issues using this unit. The air in the room where the machine is located is noticeably fresher and cleaner. Most odors are almost completely gone, which is great for those extra sensitive to odors.
The other feature is that the unit takes in air from the bottom, where most of the dust usually accumulates. Maintenance is not difficult and the prefilter is easy to remove.
- Does not generate Ozone
- Easy maintenance
- Cleans air efficiently
- Loud at high fan speed
- Odd smells after running for some time (give fan/electronics a break)
- Motor turns off by itself sometimes
4. Best Sound Proof Air Purifier for Allergies: Blueair Classic 205
- Battle allergies, asthma and hay fever with HEPASilent technology which leverages electrostatic charge and mechanical filtration to deliver true HEPA performance capturing 99.97% of air airborne pollutants including dust, mold, pet dander, pollen.
- Certified clean air delivery rate (CADR) of 180 cubic feet per minute with a superior, 4.8 air changes per hour
- 3 fan speeds including whisper quiet operation allow you to breathe and sleep easier without disruption. Wi-Fi connectivity-compatible with 802.11 b/g/n router on 2.4ghz Wi-Fi network band. Network security; open, WEP, WPA, & WPA2
- Wi-Fi enabled for control through your Blueair friend app and amazon Alexa compatible
- For small to medium rooms between 300 square feet and 400 square feet (AHAM rated at 279 square feet) such as small bedrooms, nurseries, and offices
- Noise level: 32-56 dB
- Filters type: HEPA filter
- Fan speeds: 3
- Coverage area: up to 280 sq. ft.
- Dimensions: 9 x 17 x 21 inches
The Blueair Classic 205 air purifier is well suited for a small apartment. We have been using it where the kitchen and living room connects.
While a little heavy (24 pounds) and bigger compared to lower capacity models, it is small compared to most purifiers of this range (280 sq ft of coverage) in the market.
When we have it on the low fan speed, the noise is almost non-existent and it consumes only 20W of energy. You won’t really hear the consistent whirring unless you really focus on it. In a couple of hours, the air quality had certainly improved the first time we tried it on. Since the residence is in an urban area, it didn’t take long for particles to start gathering on the filter media.
The only thing that annoyed us is app connectivity. The air filters’ data connection only works on 2.4 GHz wifi, so if you have a 5 GHz band, you’re going to have a hard time. When you first connect the filter to the app, it will lag terribly. This is because a firmware update is happening, though you don’t get a notification. After that, everything is much easier.
- It isn’t too large given the volume of air it can filter
- Get rids of odors well
- Almost silent, especially on low speed
- Online extended warranty registration is a hassle
- The noise is too much at high (recommend a quick burst at high-speed then drop to low when you are ready to watch TV)
- The app associated with it isn’t great
5. Best Quietest Air Purifier for Smokers: GermGuardian AC9200WCA
- 3 IN 1 AIR PURIFIER FOR HOME : True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- KILLS GERMS : UV C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS Pre filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
- REDUCES ODORS : Activated charcoal filter helps to reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
- CARRYING HANDLE : Easily carry from room to room with a sturdy handle
- SETTINGS : 3 speed high performance settings, up to 6 hour timer, and an optional UV C light
- Noise level: 40-60 dB
- Filters type: HEPA filter
- Fan speeds: 3
- Coverage area: up to 335 sq ft
- Dimensions: 9.8 x 17 x 27 inches
The GermGuardian AC9200WCA air purifier isn’t exactly on the small side by any means. However, since it looks cool enough, we didn’t hesitate about setting it up in the living room.
The purifier generally takes really low power, which is a great plus point for anyone looking to save some money. Fan 1 and 2 take up 4W and 10 W, respectively. As for Fan 3, it takes 40 W. Now, to be realistic, most of us generally don’t use Fan 3 unless its an emergency. Fan 3 can be a bit noisy too, with the whirring quite prominent. The low and medium settings are practically silent, though.
It isn’t much of a problem to use the purifier. You can take off the front cover easily. It is held up by two magnets on the upper side and two latches on the lower side. You will see a huge area where you can fit the filter behind the front cover. When we set it up, we noticed a visible change in the air in about 30 minutes. You can feel the clean air around you.
This fan is intended for filtering a very large room, 335 sq ft, and as such, the noise will be a bit higher than other models. Make sure the filters are clean to reduce noise level and use a short run at high speed to get the room filtered quickly (time with other chores?) and then reduce it to low-speed when you are ready to enjoy some music, TV or reading.
- Quick cleaning of the air
- Low power use
- Style is good enough to suit the living room
- A bit on the expensive side
- Fan 3 can be noisy
- Doesn’t have a rubber feet
6. Best Small Room Air Purifier: Honeywell 17000-S
- Captures up to 99.97% of microscopic allergens, 0.3 microns and larger, from the air that passes through the filters
- Electronic push button controls. Making it up to 35% quieter
- 3 cleaning levels. Tobacco Smoke: 130. Dust: 130. Pollen: 130
- SurroundSeal Technology helps minimize air leaks
- To ensure stated product performance, use only Genuine Honeywell Replacement Filters
- Noise Level: 47-58.5 dB
- Filters Type: Pre-filter, HEPA filter
- Fan Speeds: 3
- Coverage Area: Up to 200 square feet
- Dimensions: 15.8 x 13.1 x 17.1 inches
The Honeywell 17000-S is a compact, reasonably quiet and efficient air purifier. When we received our unit, we were surprised by its compact form factor. If you are on a tight budget and can’t afford to purchase a second unit, you can just carry this to the other room. It’s just that easy.
On the features front, it has three fan speeds; Low, Medium & High. The noise level was as low as 47 dB to a noisy high of 58.5 dB. The electronic controls, which Honeywell claims make the unit 35% quieter, are fairly easy to use and yes, they do not produce any clicking sound.
The Honeywell 17000-S has got a ‘Long-Life HEPA filter’ which, according to Honeywell, does not need replacement but only regular cleaning and vacuuming. The pre-filter, however, has to be replaced once every few months.
There are two little lights, which light up when it’s time to clean the HEPA filter and replace the pre-filter. With a reusable HEPA filter, we couldn’t have asked for more, but since the unit itself is small, without regular cleaning, the circuitry or the motor itself might cause issues due to overheating, which is something you should keep in mind (give the filter periodic breaks). Otherwise, it’s worth every penny.
Honeywell offers a 5-year limited warranty, which is reassuring. Unfortunately, the return and shipping expenses must be borne by the customer, which some might find a bit unpleasant.
- Reusable HEPA filter
- Compact form factor
- Bearable noise levels (Low and Medium)
- Compact form factor, the unit might heat up easily without proper cleaning
- Too noisy at the highest setting
- Warning lights (for filter cleaning/replacement) are a bit too bright in the dark
7. Best Cheap Air Purifier: Hamilton Beach Trueair Compact Pet Air Purifier
- 3 Filtration stages: Permanent true HEPA filter captures dander & airborne particles plus 2 replaceable carbon zeolite filters to target pet odors plus a pre filter for pet hair and larger particles
- High performance true Hepa grade filter: Captures 99.97 percent of pet dander, dust, dust mites, pollen, and Mold/Mildew spores as small as 3 microns from the air
- Reduces odors: 2 Activated carbon zeolite filters help reduce unwanted household odors from pets, smoke, and more
- Quiet and powerful: Use whisper clean for extra quiet operation at night, the medium setting or the quick clean setting for more powerful air cleaning
- Easy to clean: Permanent Hepa filter can be vacuumed clean; No replacement filters to buy
- Versatile air care that fits anywhere: Position the unit vertically or horizontally to best fit in your bedroom, nursery, hallway or living room at home or at the office up to 140 square feet
- Noise Level: Approximately 60 dB (at high)
- Filters Type: Pre-filter, 2 Carbon Zeolite Filters, HEPA filter
- Fan Speeds: 3
- Coverage Area: Up to 140 square feet
- Dimensions: 10.8 x 8.1 x 16.4 inches
The Hamilton Beach Trueair Compact air purifier is for those who have pets at home. In addition to removing pet hair and pet odors, this air purifier for pets also removes the usual pollutants. While there is no mention of exact noise levels on the spec sheet, we found the air purifier to be noisy (about 60 dB) at the highest fan speed.
There is really nothing to complain about when it comes to performance, as it does its job pretty well. The Air Purifier can be placed vertically or horizontally. Most of the noise comes from the fan at work. The design is impressive because it not only works great for humans but also for the pets as it’s almost like a white-noise which is known to calm pets and even children.
The air purifier is equipped with a permanent HEPA filter which can be vacuumed and reused, however, the 2 carbon zeolite filters and the pre-filter must be replaced every few months. A time strip cartridge counts down the 3 months and indicates when it is time to replace the filters.
- Reusable HEPA filter
- Specially designed for pets
- White noise is calming to pets and humans
- Compact design
- Only one year warranty
- No warning lights for filter replacement
- Smaller coverage area compared to other air purifiers
8. Best-rated Quiet Air Purifier for Asthma: Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0
- The BioGS SPA-550A air purifier will filter all the air in a room up to 550 sq. ft. twice in an hour on the highest setting.
- BioGS HEPA Filtration with 4 stages of purification and deodorization. The BioGS HEPA and Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon Filters will last up to three years, based on 12 hours daily operation. The Pre-Filter is washable.
- An ultra quiet BLDC motor operates at five different speeds. It’s virtually silent at low speed.
- Energy Star certified units will not run up your energy bill.
- Backed by industry leading five-year warranty and 24/7 lifetime technical support. Won several prestigious product design awards including Germany Red Dot award, Good Design Award by Chicago Athenaeum and Japan Good Design Award (G-Mark).
- Noise Level: 22.8-48.6 dB
- Filters Type: Active Carbon filter, Pre-filter, HEPA filter
- Fan Speeds: 5
- Coverage Area: Up to 550 square feet
- Dimensions: 16.6 x 9.8 x 22.2 inches
The Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 is probably one of the most performance rich, feature-packed and powerful air purifiers out there. It can cover an area up to 550 square feet and has a pre-filter, carbon filter, and a HEPA filter. While the pre-filter is a permanent washable filter, the carbon filter and HEPA filter should last up to 3 years.
A note on the coverage area, if you have bad allergies you will want to try to keep the max room size to closer to 275 square feet in order to maximize the effectiveness.
It has 5 fan speed settings and an auto mode which will adjust speed as per the air quality. There’s also a full-access remote control with which you can change all operations at your convenience. There is also a built-in odor sensor and you can even adjust the sensitivity of the auto mode.
There are indicators which will keep you updated on the quality of the filters as well. There is a timer and a negative ion generator built-in which you can disable whenever you want or if you have ozone sensitivity. The noise levels are unbelievable. It’s super quiet and gets just a bit louder at the highest setting. Rabbit Air offers 24/7 support and a 5-year limited warranty.
Although the air purifier is a bit expensive and so is the maintenance, it offers everything an air purifier can and there is really nothing more we could ask for.
- Full-access remote control
- Covers a large area
- Extremely good noise levels
- Long-lasting filters
- Negative ion generator
- Expensive to maintain
- Clean Air Delivery Rate could have been better
- Timer and ionizer can be accessed only via remote
9. Best Air Purifier for Baby: Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K
- Model name AP51030K is renamed to WP500P
- Whisper classic design
- User friendly electronic soft touch control
- Low/med/hi/turbo 4-fan speed
- Active Carbon pre-filter (8171434K)
- 99.97% true hepa filter (1183054K)
- Noise Level: 40-52 dB
- Filters Type: Active Carbon Pre-filter, HEPA filter
- Fan Speeds: 4
- Coverage Area: Up to 490 square feet
- Dimensions: 10 x 20.6 x 24.1 inches
One look at the Whirlpool Whispure and you will know that it is packed with power. This air purifier can cover a whopping 490 square feet. As expected, the performance does come at the cost of its form factor and weight. This air purifier may not be for those who are looking for an air purifier which they can carry from one room to the other on a daily basis.
As powerful as the unit is, the noise levels though is acceptable at a minimum of about 40 dB. What came as a surprise for us was that even at the highest fan speed the noise levels are at a decent 52 dB. About the fan speed, there are 4 settings that you can use at your convenience, low, medium, high, and turbo.
There is a light to indicate when it is time to replace the filters and on that note, this does not come with a permanent HEPA filter as some air purifiers do. However, don’t fret , the carbon filter lasts a good 3 to 4 months and the expensive HEPA filter should easily last a couple of years.
One thing to note is that although the unit is efficient and the filters last long, it is not the most effective in removing odor. Whirlpool offers a standard 5-year limited warranty which is appreciable.
- Built to last
- Covers a very large area
- Powerful and yet not too noisy
- Long-lasting filters
- Quite bulky
- Expensive HEPA filter
- Not very effective in removing odor
10. Best Air Purifier for Large Rooms: Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-700A
- Advanced HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization
- 5 Year Warranty
- Pet Allergy customized filter: Traps and reduces pet dander and pet odors.
- The MinusA2 is designed to either stand alone or to be mounted on the wall.
- Room coverage up to 700 sq. ft.
- Noise level: 20.8-45.6 dBA
- Filters type: pre-filter; medium filter; HEPA filter; pet allergy filter; carbon filter
- Fan speeds: 5
- Coverage area: up to 700 sq. ft.
- Dimensions: 24 x 22.8 x 9.8 inches
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-700A air purifier is equipped with BioGS HEPA filtration technology. It comes with a great design and modern look and has effective allergen filtration quality. This slim and flat air purifier is as cool as its functionality. It is just 7 inches in thickness. It is one of the best options available for a large clean space.
You can customize the air purifier to suit your needs. The germ defense filter traps airborne bacteria and dust particles. The pet allergy filter protects you and your children from pet dander and other allergens. There is more than this, in the form of a toxin absorber that absorbs fumes and smoke. If you have been pestered with bad odor, there is a filter for odor filtration as well.
The customized filter has a 6-stage filtration system that traps dust, pet dander and is washable as well. The Rabbit Air MinusA2 also traps particles that are bigger than 1 micron and also comes with a carbon filter and a negative ion generator.
The purifier comes with additional features, which control noise, is child-proof, is remotely controllable and also has a light sensor.
- Versatile design
- High-quality brushless motor
- Air quality monitoring feature
- Absence of timer
- In a very large room, does not work as well as one might expect based on the price (possibly consider two cheaper units if you have a large space)
11. Best Air Purifier for Basement: Coway AP-1512HH
- Coway Mighty (AP-1512HH) is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 361 sq.ft (CADR: Dust 246 / Pollen 240 / Smoke 233 cb. ft.).
- 4 Stage Filtration System (Pre-filter, Deodorization filter, True HEPA filter, Vital Ion) captures and reduces up to 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other allergens. It also reduces volatile organic compounds and reduces odor
- Pre-filter is washable and permanent, designed to catch larger dust particles, The compact unit helps people with asthma and allergies by capturing airborne particles including dust, pet dander, and mold that may trigger asthma and allergies
- Pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. Brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day. Also features a timer and a filter-lifetime indicator.
- Energy efficient air purifier with three manual fan speeds plus Auto mode. Auto mode automatically optimizes the fan speed based on the level of indoor air quality. When no pollution is detected for 30 minutes, the fan will automatically stop and enter Eco mode to save energy.
- Timer feature allows device to run 1/4/8 hours before automatically powering off.
- Noise level: 24.4 – 53.8 dB
- Filters type: pre-filter; deodorization filter; true HEPA filter; vital ion filter
- Fan speeds: 3
- Coverage area: up to 361 sq. ft.
- Dimensions: 16.8 x 18.3 x 9.6 inches
ThisCoway AP-1512HH is true to its name. It is one mighty machine that is equipped with true HEPA and Eco Mode. It is the number one Korean Air Purifier and is also one of the most stylish looking air purifiers and also one of the best values.
The front and back panel is made of plastic, but it looks luxurious. There are many air vents which bring in polluted air to be quickly filtered. There are five function buttons on the top panel along with a fresh air outlet.
AP-1512HH looks nice at 18.3 inches’ height and a width of 16.8 inches. This low price range air purifier can compete with some of the most expensive ones in the market. The 4-stage filtration process is facilitated by a pre-filter, activated carbon filter, true HEPA filter and ionizer.
The true HEPA filter is made with premium quality material. This powerful air purifier is designed to cover apartments and mid-size spaces. The real-time pollution sensor lets you know the levels of pollution in your surroundings.
The air quality indicator works continuously and adjusts the fan speed accordingly. The air purifier is equipped with a timer that allows you to schedule 1/4/8/12 hours of operation. There is a filter replacement indicator as well, that alerts you when the filter needs a change.
The vital ion system reduces particles in the air. The three fan speeds allow you to control the air output.
- Reasonable priced
- Great technology
- Innovation in design
- Superb performance
- Top lights cannot be turned off
- Ozone is emitted by the ionizer so not good if you have ozone sensitivity
- Vibration is string
12. Best Air Purifier for Cooking Odors: Winix 5300-2
- True-HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- 3 Stage cleaning, removes a range of allergens: dust, cigarette smoke, pollen, odors, pet dander, mold spores and organic chemicals. CFM (Sleep / Low / Med / High / Turbo) : 35.31 / 70.63 / 91.82 / 123.60 / 240.14
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants - with no harmful ozone
- Delivered air flow :236 CFM, decibels : 27.8 . Smart Sensor gauges the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep mode for silent night-time operation
- No remote control . CADR rated for 360 sq. ft. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, baby nurseries and offices
- Noise level: 27.8 dB
- Filters type: AOC Carbon filter; True HEPA filter; PlasmaWave filter
- Fan speeds: 4
- Coverage area: up to 360 sq. ft.
- Dimensions: 14.9 x 7.8 x 23.6 inches
The Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier has true HEPA, PlasmaWave and an odor reduction filter. It is one of the most reasonably priced models with decent room coverage. In an affordable pricing range, the model has remained the same over the years. This unit is definitely one of the best overall values in its price point.
It has a small base and a plastic body, making it light in weight. It retains the old bottom-to-top airflow in its compact structure. In this model, there is a new control panel on the top, which makes operation easy.
The LED light indicator for the Smart Sensor makes it look all the more attractive. It is fairly portable and can be moved around in your home. It has a 3-stage cleaning system which is very rare for a budget air purifier. The pre-filter, true HEPA filter and Winix PlasmaWave are an added advantage.
The dirty air passes through the pre-filter, which also has an activated carbon filter that captures smoke and pet smells. The true HEPA filter captures pollen, microbes and fungi. Last but not least, the Winix PlasmaWave acts as an ionizer that can be switched on or off.
- Solid Built
- Superb performance with PlasmaWave
- Low cost
- The ionizer can aggravate asthma, but can be turned off
- No remote
- High filter replacement cost
13. Best Quiet Air Purifier And Humidifier [Combo]: SHARP KC850U PlasmaCluster Air Purifier
- NATURALLY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY FOR TRULY CLEAN AIR, BUILT-INTO OVER 80 MILLION PRODUCTS SINCE 2001: Sharp’s exclusive patented Plasma cluster ion technology eliminates microscopic pollutants that traditional filters cannot trap, by replicating nature’s own cleaning process of producing positive and negative ions from water vapor in the air
- VERIFIED AROUND THE WORLD: Plasma cluster Ion Technology has proven effective in reducing certain viruses including MS2 (Viral Stimulant); certain bacteria including E-Coli, Staphylococcus, epidermidis, and Serratia marcescens; certain common molds and fungus, including Penicilillum and Aspergillus Niger; and most odors that conventional filters don’t reach. And has been tested and confirmed in 17 tests by laboratories in the USA as well as in the U. K. , Germany, Japan, South Korea, China and Vietnam
- SAFE: Sharp’s Plasma cluster Ion Air Purifier is not only ARB Certified. It produces 5X less ozone (at less than 0. 01 ppm) than the lowest industry and federal standards set by the FDA, OSHA and NIOSH
- TRIPLE FILTRATION SYSTEM: washable pre-filter traps dust and other large airborne particles that passes through the filters. Activated carbon deodorizing filter removes odors that passes through the filters. TRUE HEPA filters effectively remove 99. 97% of particles from the air that passes through the filter from 0. 3 microns and larger
- SMART SENSOR: in Auto Operation, fan speed is automatically controlled depending on amount of impurities in the air. The sensors detect impurities for efficient air purification. Each dust and odor indicator shows the quality of impurity to purity of air
- LOWER OPERATING COST: long life TRUE HEPA filters typically require changing only every 2 to 5 years, so operating costs are low. (Actual filter life will differ depending on the environment)
14. Best Air Purifier for Dust Mites: Blue Pure 411
- 3 part filtration system captures 99 percentage of common airborne pm 2.5 pollutants such as allergens, odors, smoke, mold spores, dust mites and pet dander
- Activated carbon filter removes common odors caused by smoke, pets, cooking, dorm room smells and gases (VOCs) as well as smoke caused by wildfires
- Washable pre-filter captures large particles such as dust and pet hair and can be changed to match any decor. Dark blue and grey pre-filters are included and other colors can be purchased separately
- Quiet operation enabled by advanced filters that allow for a higher airflow at a lower noise level. Sound level: 17 – 46 decibel
- Designed for small to medium rooms between 100 square feet and 175 square feet. (AHAM rated at 161 square feet) make this purifier perfect for small bedrooms, offices, nurseries and dorm rooms. Air inlet: 360 degree
- Noise level: 17 – 46 dB
- Filters type: pre-filter; particle filter; activated carbon filter
- Fan speeds: 3
- Coverage area: up to 161 sq. ft.
- Dimensions: 16.7 x 8 x 8 inches
The Blue Pure 411 air purifier is a decent air purifier in the entry price segment. It offers some of the high-end qualities at one-fourth the price. It is equipped with 3-stage cleaning filters to filter out allergens, odor, and smoke. At only 17 dB at the lowest setting, this is one of the absolutely quietest air filters available.
It is cylindrical in shape and resembles some of the top brands in looks. The fabric pre-filters come in various colors like blue, gray, pink apart from black. The top panel has a simple button with an air grill. The LED light located on the top is an indicator of fan speed and filter replacement.
It follows a 3-stage air cleaning process. The filtration mechanism consists of a pre-filter, particle filter, and an activated carbon filter. It uses HEPA silent technology. It is among the quietest air purifier devices ever. The air filters are high-grade and anti-bacterial in nature.
Its coverage is small about, 161 sq. ft. The power consumption is less than that of a light bulb’s. It is one of the most energy-efficient air purifiers currently available. If you want to save on power, this is the one for you.
- Affordable Swedish product
- Well built
- Small and portable
- Low power consumption
- Extremely quiet
- Dust filter is not up to the mark
- No smart sensor
- No timer
- No True HEPA filter
- Not for chemically sensitive people
A HEPA (high-efficiency particulate arrestor) filter is capable of trapping the smallest contaminants. Some are quite moderately priced like the Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier. With 4-fan speed and a carbon pre-filter, it lasts quite long and needs to be replaced after about a year.
In our tests, the least sound was emitted by the Blueair Blue Pure 411. It is a whisper-silent machine. During tests, it never rose above 20 dB on the lowest setting. This miracle is achieved by using lower air pressure and a patented flow design that maximizes output. Modern buildings are a large closed box that is ideal for bacteria and mold to grow, and this is the perfect answer.
The Winix 5300-2 is one of the more affordable and effective options. The Blue Pure 411 is even cheaper, but not as effective as the Winix. It only produced about 27 dB and is nearly impossible to hear. The well-designed fans deliver 240 cubic feet of clean air into your room every minute and are perfect for medium-sized rooms and small halls.
The GermGuardian AC9200WCA is a bit expensive but very effective. You get complete protection from spores and dander up to 0.3 microns wide. It has a built-in ultraviolet light that kills pathogens quickly and efficiently. The filtered air is passed through an activated charcoal bed to remove bad smell and deliver clean air free of chemicals and pollen.
If you have a large room or hallway, then the Rabbit Air MinusA2 is most suitable. With six-stage air purification, it can take out the most resistant dust mites and dander. It not only works hard but also smart. There is a light sensor that automatically reduces its operation when lights are turned off or dimmed. The company has included a 2-year warranty on filter life, reducing maintenance costs. This filter is powerful, effective, and quiet.
If we had to pick one for our own home, it would be the Honeywell SilentComfort Permanent. It is priced reasonably and works remarkably. It can be easily cleaned using a vacuum and is totally silent unless on the high setting. It can safely clean 200 sq ft rooms of all dust in about an hour. The no-draft vents make sure that there is no air blowing uncomfortably around.
The Coway AP-1512HH is a close second place. It can handle 360 sq ft rooms and has a 4 stage filtration system that satisfies most conditions. It is one of the rare devices with an LED indicator that shows how dirty/clean the air quality is by active monitoring. With auto shut off and power-saving features, it is a solid option