Disclaimer: When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read More
Gone are the days when people would buy helmets just to ensure that their head doesn’t get hurt in the event of an accident. Nowadays, more and more people are paying attention to their helmet and seeing it as an accessory that needs to be sophisticated and sleek as it enhances their profile as a biker. There are so many different types of motorcycle helmets available in the market.
Modular helmets are slowly gaining popularity in the market because of their versatility and functionality. These products can be used as a full face helmet, and with the press of a single button, they can be converted into half face helmets.
But that is just one of the things that makes them the most demanded products in the market when it comes to motorcycle gear. They also add various hi-tech features that make them more than just a helmet. If you pick the right product, you can completely forgo the use of a pair of sunglasses, or even a bluetooth headset. The helmets also come in a wide range of colours and features, so you won’t have any trouble finding a product that is just perfect for you.
Stylish, comfortable and multifunctional – that is what defines an ideal modular helmet. But it can be tricky to find a product that is just right for you because of the sheer variety of choices that are available. That’s where we step in to help you.
We have curated a list of the best budget modular motorcycle helmets in the market, as well as the best brands of modular helmets. Find a complete, well detailed reviews of the best products, along with their features, pros and cons, and where to buy each product.
But before we move on to that, let’s find out what exactly is the difference between a full face helmet and a modular helmet.
- Modular vs Full Face Helmets: The Difference
- 1. Best Modular Helmet under $200: HJC 980-615 IS-MAX II
- 2. Best Premium Modular Helmet: Shoei Solid Neotec 2
- 3. Best Modular Helmet Under $300: ScorpionExo Covert COV-0105 Matte Black
- 4. Best Modular Helmet under $150: LS2 Helmets Strobe Solid
- 5. Best Modular Helmet with Bluetooth: Bilt Techno 2.0 Sena
- 6. Best Modular Helmet Under $130: Gmax GM54S Pearl White Modular Helmet
- 7. Best Modular Helmet under $400: Nolan N44 N-Com Modular Helmet
- 8. Best Modular Helmet Under $80: 1Storm HB89
- 9. Best Under $90: YEMA YM-925 Modular Motorcycle Helmet
- 10. Best Modular Helmet under $50: ILM 10 Colors DOT Approved
- Advantages of a Modular Motorcycle Helmet
- The Best Budget Modular Helmet Brands
Modular vs Full Face Helmets: The Difference
Modular helmets are specifically designed for riders who like to take a break on long journeys or stop on the side of the road to smoke a cigarette. These products come with a hinge attached to the chin bar of helmet, so that you can flip up the lower part of the helmet and turn it into a half face helmet.
It goes without saying that the helmets are not designed to ride with the the visor up, because that is not safe at all. They are more aimed towards people who like style along with comfort. But remember, the open face position is only meant for getting some air between rides, and not what to wear the helmet open faced.
On the other hand, Full face helmets provide you the most protection while riding a bike. This is because there is no weak point, as is seen in the hinge system in a modular helmet. The entire product is designed to to work as a single unit, so that at no point in your journey are you left unprotected.
Full face helmets are meant for people who ride at high speeds. They are extremely comfortable and light in weight, not exerting any strain on the head and neck muscles of the rider. They are also aerodynamic, and fit snugly and comfortably on the head of the rider. The only way to smoke cigarette or talk to a fellow rider while wearing a full face helmet is to take it off completely.
So the takeaway is – only buy a modular helmet if you do not travel at high speeds or in rough terrains where accidents are likely. For such situations, it is better to get a full face helmet that will add an extra layer of security. After reading the difference if you are no more interested in buying a modular helmet then you shall consider reading our post on the Best Motorcycle Helmets for High-Safety in 2020.
1. Best Modular Helmet under $200: HJC 980-615 IS-MAX II
One of the best budget modular helmets under the price range of $200 is the HJC 980-615 IS-MAX II. It comes with a variety of sizes ranging from extra small to triple extra large, and 7 different colours in both shiny and matte form.
The shell of the helmet is made of advanced polycarbonate composite shell that is lightweight, better fitting and extremely comfortable. The shell is cut using CAD technology for a better design.
Even the chin bar of the helmet is adjustable and it is made of polycarbonate, resulting in a strong and comfortable design. The chin bar can be controlled by a single button release, making it extremely hassle-free to use.
The face shield of the helmet is optically superior and can be locked by a pin lock mechanism. It protects the rider from 95% UV rays. You can change the face shield without using any tools, as it comes with a quick slide replacement system.
The visor also has a 3 stage adjustable sun shield system. With just a touch of a button, you can change the sun shield. It is also smoke tinted and it deploys very quickly and easily. You can also buy additional sun shields from the store.
One of my favourite features of this helmet is that it comes with an advanced channelling ventilation system, with vents in the front and back of the product. They allow for optimum air circulation and flush heat and humidity out of the helmet. So the helmet will keep your head cool even in extremely hot temperatures.
Suggested Read: Best Budget Motorcycle Helmets Under $200 [Reviewed]
- Adjustable sun shield
- Polycarbonate shell
- Single button release chin strap
- Advanced ventilation system
- Size chart runs small
- The inside padding is uncomfortable
2. Best Premium Modular Helmet: Shoei Solid Neotec 2
- SHOEI NEOTEC II - Experience the Versatility.
- When SHOEI first introduced the NEOTEC in 2011, riders worldwide realized not all modular helmets were created equal.
- With its lightweight, highly-aerodynamic shell, advanced noise reduction, and optimal vision protection, all combined with an ease of use (critical to a modular helmet), SHOEI had indeed achieved new heights in head gear design.
- But that was just the beginning.
- Now, with the NEOTEC II, SHOEI has not only improved on already outstanding features, but also introduced design advances to bring their premiere modular design into a whole new era.
With 6 different size ranges, from extra small to double extra large, this is the best motorcycle modular helmet. It comes in several colours and also both matte and shiny shells.
The shell of the helmet is designed in such a way that it is highly aerodynamic and light in weight, making it extremely easy for the rider to use the helmet even for a journey of thousands of kilometres.
What’s more, the helmet is fitted with advanced noise reduction technology so that the wind noise at high speed does not bother the rider. The visor of the helmet has advanced vision protection which makes it not only extremely easy to use but also improves visibility when using the helmet.
The helmet is a modular type, that is, it can be used both as a full face helmet as well as half face helmet. One of my favourite features is that this helmet pairs the modular design with increased functionality, which is extremely critical for helmets which have a modular type of face shield.
Extensive wind tunnel testing conducted on the helmet is enough to ensure that it is indeed the best one to reduce wind noise at high speeds. Moreover, the inside of the helmet is also lined with an EPS layer which improves absorption of any impact, as well as enhances ventilation. What it means is that the rider will never feel hot or humid inside the helmet, as the material of the lining itself is equipped to soak in the sweat and humidity.
There is another thing that makes it a brilliantly designed helmet. There are 5 liners present inside this product which not only increase the fit options but also increase the comfort of the riders who will be using this product. Equipped with DOT certification, this helmet is also extremely safe and will protect your head in case of an accident.
- Aerodynamic shell
- Enhanced ventilation
- Decreased win noise
- Poor customer care
3. Best Modular Helmet Under $300: ScorpionExo Covert COV-0105 Matte Black
- SHELL: Advanced Polycarbonate Shell: Developed exclusively by Scorpion, our industry-leading polycarbonate shell is engineered to minimize weight and disperse impact. Dual Density EPS
- COMFORT: Aero-Tuned Ventilation System. KwikWick II Comfort Liner: Keeps you cool and dry in warm weather, warm in cool weather Liner is easily removable and washable.
- VISION: EverClear SpeedView Drop-Down SunVisor: Retractable tinted sun-visor that eases eye strain instantly in varying light conditions. Anti-fog coated for a fog-free ride. Comes with a dark smoke Sunvisor installed and an additional clear Sunvisor for night-time riding!
- VERSATILITY: Removable rear comfort sleeve INCLUDED. Removable front mouth/chin guard protector with Neodymium Magnets. Block-off Plates INCLUDED For use in 3/4 Mode. Optional mouth/chin protection guard styles are available (sold separately).
- SAFETY: Double D-Ring chin strap system. Block-off plates INCLUDED for use in 3/4 Mode. DOT FMVSS No. 218 Certified. 5-Year Warranty.
The ScorpionExo Covert helmet is the best modular helmet under $300 and it comes with a wide variety of range when it comes to size, from triple extra large to extra small. It only comes in a matte black colour.
The shell of the helmet is made of LG polycarbonate which is designed by the brand itself and is an exclusive product of this company. This industry-leading polycarbonate shell is constructed in such a manner that it not only exerts less weight on the head and neck of the rider but in case of an impact, it also disperses the force.
This element has a dual visor, which is also retractable. The sun tinted visor is also ideal for travelling in low light conditions so that there is little to no strain on the eyes of the rider. There is an additional face shield that is clear, which is meant to be used in extreme sunlight so that there is no need for using sunglasses with the helmet.
The helmet is a modular kind which means that it can be turned from full-face helmet to a 3/4th helmet. The product does this by use of neodymium magnets. When used in the latter mode, block of blades are also included in the package.
- Rear comfort sleeve is also included that helps to convert it to an open face helmet. You just have to attach the included front mask in order to get your desired look. The helmet also has a finely tuned ventilation system that keeps the riders head cool even in hot and humid weather.
- Both the visors of the helmet have a fog-free coating which allows the rider to use this product even in winters. The lining of the helmet is made of quick and dry, anti-microbial comfort liner. Which is not only perfect for preventing the growth of harmful microorganisms but will also keep the rider cool and dry in warm weather.
- Not only can you remove the liner easily, but you can also wash it to maintain clean and hygienic conditions inside the helmet. The chin strap of the helmet comes with a double D ring system, which is extremely hassle-free and easy to use.
- The shell is made of double density EPS material, which is known for its lightweight property as well as aerodynamic construction.
- It is approved by DOT and comes with a 5-year warranty.
Suggested Read: Best Motorcycle Helmets That Cost Less Than $300
- Dual-density material that distributes impact
- Dual tinted visor
- Antimicrobial liner
- Wind noise extremely high
- Wrong size chart
4. Best Modular Helmet under $150: LS2 Helmets Strobe Solid
- DOT approved. Meets the FMVSS 218 Standard, product also meets requirements imposed by the California Air Resources Board (CARB)
- All LS2 visors are bulit with 3D Optically Correct "A Class" Polycarbonate, a space-age polymer with high resistance to impact, that avoids distortion and offers maximum clarity.
- Removable and Washable Comfort Liner
- Quick Release Reinforced Strap
- All LS2 helmets feature a Dynamic Flow-through Ventilation. Fully adjustable intake ports and vented EPS work with the rear spoiler and exhaust ports to create a constant, light flow of air helping to keep the rider cool and comfortable.
The shell of the helmet is made of a light and aerodynamic HTPP composite material which is software designed, so that it cuts through the wind in order to create less resistance on the product when riding at high speeds. Another advantage of this is that it creates less strain on the head and neck muscles of the rider.
With a price tag of less than $150, the helmet comes in 7 different sizes ranging from extra small to triple extra large. It also comes in four different colours – gunmetal grey, black, white, and yellow.
HTTP stands for High Pressure Thermoplastic Technology and the shell that is made out of this material is not only aerodynamic but also has good ventilation.
One of the most unique features of this helmet is that it has an adjustable ventilation system. What that basically means is that you can open the vents when it is too hot and you need to let out the humidity and heat out of the helmet, but you can also close the vents if the weather is too cool and you need to keep warm.
The face shield is also extremely versatile. You can use the sun shield when there is harsh sunlight to protect your eyes and you can use the clear shield when there are low light conditions. The helmet is equipped with the new slide and cable technology that makes it easy to switch the shields with just the press of a button without any hassle.
- Another of my favourite features about the face shield of this helmet is that it is optically correct, scratch resistant and it comes with a toolless quick release feature, which makes it easy to replace the shield without use of any tools.
- The liner of the helmet is also extremely comfortable, and you can also remove and wash it so that the your helmet always remains good as new. It also comes with breathable fabric that sucks in moisture.
- The cheek pads are also cut with laser and designed in such a way that they make for not only a secure fit around the head but also provide all day comfort.
- The chin strap of this helmet is equipped with a quick release system which is approved by DOT, so that you get a snug fit around your head and you can take the helmet off at just the click of a button. The single button is easy to find and use, and you can press it even if you are wearing thick winter gloves.
- Additionally, the lock system on the chin strap is also made of metal, and operates smoothly and offers a secure closure for extreme safety. This helmet metts all the standard set up by DOT and ECE.
- All these features make this product the best modular motorcycle helmet in the market right now.
- Quick release chin strap
- Laser cut cheek pads
- Adjustable ventilation system
- Chin bar cannot be pulled down easily
- Size runs small
- Face shield not secure
5. Best Modular Helmet with Bluetooth: Bilt Techno 2.0 Sena
- Universal Intercom protocol works across all brands
- 8 hour talk time with 7 day stand-by time
- Hands free mobile phone communication
- Intercom for rider to rider, 400m rider to passenger
- Multi-point surface-mounted airflow ventilation system
For some people, getting a helmet that is sturdy and resistant to impact is not enough. For the tech savvy among you who demand more from their motorcycle gear, there is the Bilt Techno 2.0, fitted with bluetooth technology that lets you use your helmet for much more than just protecting your head and reducing noise.
The helmet is fully integrated and installed with bluetooth technology that allows you to use your helmet as bluetooth speakers so that you can listen to music while riding. Just connect it to your smartphone or tablet and you are good to go. This helmet also allows you to listen to directions from your smartphone, and take calls when on the move.
- The software used here is Bilt Techno 2.0 Sena bluetooth, paired with DWO-5, which is one of the most reliable and advanced bluetooth technology in the market right now.
- It is made of a special kind of shell, which is injection molded polycarbonate. What it means is that the shell of this helmet is specially created with the Injection Moulding Technology to make it more aerodynamic and well fitted around the head of the rider.
- The modular helmet also comes with an internal dropdown sunshield which will protect you from harsh sunlight without use of any sunglasses. The tinted shield is designed to reduce the inflow of light inside the helmet to protect the eyes of the rider in the summer.
- But that’s not all. With just the press of a button, you can also switch to use the clear shield if you are in low light conditions. The standard fitted quick release clear shield can be locked into place without any hassle.
- The helmet also has optimal ventilation that is mounted into the chin area so that there is proper air circulation inside the helmet, keeping the riders head cool in extremely hot weather. Moreover, you can also close the vents at your discretion, so that if you feel cold due to the breeze, you can simply shut them down with the press of a single button.
The helmet also has antimicrobial and moisture control lining which can be removed easily and washed to keep hygienic environment inside the helmet. This is the best modular helmet with bluetooth in the market.
→ Suggested Read: Best Motorcycle Communication Systems for Rider to Rider Communication
- Bluetooth fitted helmet
- Washable, removable liner
- Dual visor
- Size chart runs small
- Customer care services are poor
6. Best Modular Helmet Under $130: Gmax GM54S Pearl White Modular Helmet
GMax has managed to create an even more stunning and versatile product when it comes to their modular helmet lineup. This new addition to the brand is more evolved and creates a standup example in the industry when it comes to motorcycle gear.
The new modular helmet comes with a flip jaw design that allows the helmet to rotate further back than was possible till now. With the chin now much more streamlined with the front of the helmet, it helps in not only increasing the visibility of the rider when the helmet is in raised position, but it also allows uneven distribution of the weight of the helmet around the head and neck of the rider, reducing fatigue on his muscles.
The shield of the helmet is double layered. The inner shield is meant for protection from sun in extreme sunlight. You can raise the sun shield in whatever position you like with just the use of button that is located on the external part of the helmet.
- My favourite features about the sun shield is that it is distortion free and provides a clear view of the road ahead. This is especially helpful in low light conditions, and in foggy weather when visibility can be obstructive. Moreover, this helmet comes with an integrated LED rear light, which is multifunctional. You can also buy an optional rear brake light kit if you want.
- The visor the helmet is extremely easy to use as you can push the the button with just one hand to open it. The shell of helmet is made of a lightweight thermoplastic alloy material that is easy to contour according to the shape of the rider’s head, and also does not strain the head and neck muscles of the rider.
- The visor of the helmet has a large eye port which allows for much wider range of vision with this product. What’s more, the inside of the helmet is lined by a coolmax comfort liner and cheek pads which soak up the sweat and moisture from the head and also keep the fabric dry.
- The shield of the helmet is sealed with excellent material, resulting in reduction of unwanted air and noise. This is especially helpful when you are riding at high speeds, so you are not bothered by the the noise of the traffic or wind.
- This helmet also comes with a dual exhaust ventilation system and specially designed with vents on the top side and back of the helmet so that hot air can easily escape from the mouth area as well as the top of the head. This not only helps in reduction of heat and humidity inside the helmet, but it also reduces fogging in winter. The adjustable chin vent is ideal for it as it moves the air downward in order to prevent fogging of the shield.
- There are specially designed air pockets and speaker pockets inside this helmet which allow for easy insertion of any kind of earphones. There is enough space to easily use any communication system without any discomfort, for that matter. Even the chin strap of the helmet is padded with soft material which allows the rider to use this helmet even for a prolonged period of time without any discomfort.
- The shell of the helmet is painted with clear material that is high in quality, so that your product remains new for an extended period of time.
- This helmet also meets all the safety requirements set up by DOT.
- Distortion free lens
- Adjustable vents
- Deluxe ear pockets
- Wind noise is a bit high
7. Best Modular Helmet under $400: Nolan N44 N-Com Modular Helmet
The Nolan N44 is designed to protect, while still being comfortable and stylish. The modular helmet comes in white colour and a size range from double x small to triple x large.
Nolan has updated this helmet in both its functionality, versatility, and good looks. The helmet has two outer shells to provide maximum security to the head. They are injected with Polycarbonate GE Lexan material, which works to keep the helmet lightweight enough to not strain the head and neck muscles.
- It is also designed in such a way that the size of the helmet is proportional to the riders head, so that there is maximum space in the nose and chin area for or a snug fit. This is also combined with appropriate moving space.
- The helmet also has a groundbreaking ventilation system designed in such a way that there are special vents that allow intake of air in the chin guard and frontal area, and allow extraction of air at the back of the helmet. This makes for optimum air flow inside the product to keep the riders head cool and free of humidity.
- It is one of the best modular helmets for cruisers, as it can be used in both summers and winters. Also, the product can be modified according to the weather and the needs of the rider. The design of the helmet is ideal for both riding in urban areas, as well as commuting for longer distances.
- The helmet also has a dark shield mounted on the inside of the shell whose movements are completely separate from the clear shield and can be controlled externally. What it means is that in extreme sunlight, you can use a dark shield in place of sunglasses, and the clear shield is ideal for low light conditions.
- The visor of the helmet has another type of function which increase visibility during winters. It has a pin lock mechanism to lock the visor in its place, a silicone sealed profile to prevent fogging from the breath of the rider, as well as an anti fog insert.
- The helmet also has a very functional chin strap which does not open on high impact because of its micrometric strip, aluminium tooth lock mechanism and holding lever. On the other hand, when you do want to open the chin strap, the ergonomic opening lever is extremely easy to use with its new Microlock 2 system.
- The inner padding is easily removable and can be washed. It is also made of antimicrobial material which is highly breathable, soft and comfortable for the rider, while also preventing growth of harmful microorganisms.
- The helmet is designed in such a way that the rider can use eyeglasses without any discomfort. The product also has a reflective insert at the centre of the removable rollback, which increases visibility in low light conditions and at night.
- Enough space for eyeglasses
- Micrometric chin strap
- Adjustable ventilation system
- Size runs small
8. Best Modular Helmet Under $80: 1Storm HB89
This is one of the best modular motorcycle helmets under the $100 in the market right now. With a price tag of just $59.95, this helmet gives you a bank for your bucks with versatility, reliability, and stylish looks.
- DOT Approved; Size L (57-58 CM,22.4/22.8 Inch)
- Advanced Modular/Flip up and Dual Lens Design (inner smoked lens/outer clear shield);
- Light Weight Durable Aerodynamic Thermoplastic Alloy Shell
- Beautiful Glossy UV Protective Finish
- Removable and Washable Padding
It comes in 4 sizes ranging from small to extra large and a variety of colours that will suit both men and women. The visor of the helmet is an advanced modular flip-up design which makes it an extremely versatile product. The visor can be removed easily converting it from a full face helmet to half face helmet with just the press of a button.
The helmet also has a mouth cover, which prevents fogging when riding during cold weather. The helmet is designed in such a way that there is ample space inside to fit a pair of headsets, so that you can enjoy your music during the ride. In the face area, there is enough space to use prescription glasses.
- The ventilation system is top-notch with vents placed in the front and back for optimum air circulation inside the helmet. It also has good enough construction to allow for ease in usage without obstructing movements of the rider.
- The visor of the helmet has a dual lens design. You can change the visor with just the press of a button. The smoked lens is to be used when there is extreme sunlight or high beam vehicles at night when it gets hard to see. The clear visor should be used when there at low light conditions, for example at night or when the weather is cloudy.
- The shell of the helmet is made of a thermoplastic material which is extremely solid and has an aerodynamic design. This reduces wind noise as well as decrease air resistance when riding at high speeds. It also decreases the strain on the head and neck of the rider.
- The outside of the shell is covered by UV protective clear paint which will protect it from any damage due to the harmful rays of the sun. The inside, on the other hand, is lined by comfortable and soft padding which can be removed and washed at ease.
- Sturdy and durable shell
- Comfortable lining that is washable
- Size runs smaller
- Chin strap uncomfortable
9. Best Under $90: YEMA YM-925 Modular Motorcycle Helmet
- Modular Flip-up Function, Anti-scratch, and Wide View Clear Visor.
- Advanced Lightweight Durable ABS Shell with EPS Impact Absorption Inner Liner.
- Helmet Liner / Cheek Pads Are Lightweight, Soft and Easily Removable and Washable.
- Fully Adjustable Flow-through Ventilation to Keep You Cool in the Heat but Allow You to Block the Breeze when It's Cold.
- Meets or Exceeds FMVSS -218 and DOT Safety Standards.For both Men and Women.
It also comes in a variety of sizes ranging from small to extra large. The colour choices are however limited, as it comes in only white and black colours. This helmet can be used for racing as well as cruising. In fact it is one of the best motorcycle helmets for cruising. The design is crafted in such a way that it can be used by both men and women.
Helmet design is essentially aerodynamic, which means that it reduces wind resistance when riding at high speed as well as helps in controlling air and traffic noise to a significant extent.
It has a very versatile and strong chin strap which is reinforced and made with multi density material to provide extra safety. The chin strap of the helmet has a quick release buckle which makes it very easy to use.
It has a very well designed ventilation system with specialised vents placed in front of and top of the helmet. The front vents are ideal for intake of the air from the breath of the rider, as well as from the oncoming wind. The vents at the back are for pushing the air out of the helmet to keep the riders head cool in hot weather.
The inside is lined by soft material which can be removed easily and washed to keep your helmet clean and fresh. The helmet is also designed in such a way that you can fit prescription glasses as well as a headset inside it.
The dual tinted visor can be replaced without use of any extra tools. There is also a provision for changing the visor with just the press of a button when there is change in light conditions.
- Dual tinted visor
- Dual-density chin strap
- Well designed ventilation system
- Hard inner padding
- D ring can stop working after a while
10. Best Modular Helmet under $50: ILM 10 Colors DOT Approved
The most well-rated helmet in the market right now, the ILM comes in 10 different colours and has a star rating of 4 by nearly 700 customers. If that does not speak for the helmet, nothing will.
- High Quality & Safe: Lightweight ABS shell + High-density EPS liner to meet or exceed FMVSS-218 and DOT Safety Standards, providing better protection for your riding.
- Modular Design: Modular Flip-Up Function Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fog, and Wide View Clear Visor.
- Better Ventilation: Top and front ventilation control, multi-position ventilation channels can easily adjustable intake and exhaust air to keep cool.
- Quick Release Buckle: Strong quick-release buckle on the chin strap helps you easily take off and put on helmets, making the helmet fit better.
- Durable and Comfortable: The padding is removable and washable, and the breathable liner makes the helmet fit in all seasons.
It comes in four different sizes ranging from small to extra large so you can pick according to your preference. The shape of the outer shell is aerodynamic and the design is aggressive. The aerodynamic design is also helpful in reducing wind noise.The helmet is also designed in such a way that there is very little stress on the neck muscle of the riders even after a very long journey. The visor is modular in design with flip-up function.
Another of my favourite features about the visor is that it is anti-scratch, anti-fog and it has a wide angled view to help in giving a much better view of your surroundings while riding. Extra visors are also available in various colours which you can buy separately.
One of my favourite features of this helmet is its upgraded chin guard, which comes with a curtain. What it basically means is that you can shut out cold air and wind noise while riding at high speed. It also has a quick release function, so that you can take off the helmet without any hassle.
Even the cheek pads are upgraded in design. Less amount of glue is used so that the helmet does not smell, and you can remove the inner parts easily in order to wash them. It also has an excellent ventilation system, which will keep the riders head cool during the long journey.
The helmet meets all the safety standards set up by FMVSS 218 and DOT.
- Modular visor
- Wide view function
- Aerodynamic design
- The visor is heavy, does not stay up after a while
- Quick release strap stop functioning after a while
Advantages of a Modular Motorcycle Helmet
It is a common misconception that only people who like to smoke should get a modular helmet as it allows them to smoke without taking off their helmet completely. But that is simply not true.
It is not untrue that it is easier to smoke if you have a modular helmet. You can simply flip up the chin bar while you park on the side of the road and smoke a cigarette without completely taking off your helmet. If you are someone who undertakes long journeys, and likes to smoke in between rides, you should definitely get a modular helmet.
But that is not all that modular helmet is good for. There are many riders who buy it simply because they like to to get some air in between rides without taking their helmet off completely. These helmets are also perfect for people who to travel in cities that have a lot of stop lights, because a modular helmet can be a blessing in such cases. You can simply flip the front of the helmet and get some much needed breath of fresh air before continuing your journey again.
It is also no hidden fact that modular helmets are not as safe as full face helmets. The front of the face is more susceptible to impact in case of an accident in modular helmets. If you are someone who drives on a highway or roads where accidents are commonplace, it is not advisable to get a modular helmet.
The Best Budget Modular Helmet Brands
HJC has established its name in the modular helmet market with its versatile and durable design. The products made by this brand have a lightweight shell that is comfortable for the rider and is created by using advanced Laser technology that makes the helmets aerodynamic. The helmets also have dual tinted visors, and a host of features that make them stand out from the rest of the products in the market.
The ventilation system is equipped with ACS advanced channeling ventilation and the interior interior of these helmets is crafted with moisture-wicking liner that is antibacterial in nature. The company also provides interchangeable cheek pads so that the helmets fit perfectly on the head of the rider.
If you are thinking of getting a modular helmet, you can trust this brand with your eyes closed as they value their customers, and every product they sell is genuine and extremely versatile.
Bell has established its name as one of the most famous and reliable company in the market when it comes to motorcycle gear. Almost all the products by the brand are well rated on every online retail store. The brand is extremely vouched for by its customers, and that is why it is one of the best companies to buy a modular helmet from.
Bell helmets come with a dual visor that is anti fog and anti scratch. The company also provides a wide range of sizes and colours so that customers have wide range of choices. The cheek pads of the helmets are designed in such a manner that the simulate the natural contour of a person’s cheekbones, so that the helmet fits snugly around the head.
The lightweight material of the helmets is also ideal for long journeys, and the padded wind collar not only reduces wind noise, but also keep the rider warm in cold weather. Most of these helmets also come equipped with removable interior liner that can be washed whenever you want.
1Storm has completely changed the market when it comes to modular helmets. Products of this brand are rated at 4.5 by nearly 1,000 customers, and that is enough of a statement about the brand about the quality of its products.
The company provides brilliantly designed products at prices less than $100 and a wide range when it comes to sizes and colours, so much so that some of the helmets come in over 20 colours.
The products of this brand all have excellent design and are equipped with all the modern features that you can ask for in a modular flip-up design. The products are lightweight, aerodynamic, made of thermoplastic alloys shell, come with UV protective paint and inside padding that is removable and washable. The retractable sun shield, ability to fit prescription glasses and headphones, and tinted lenses are just added bonuses.
Get a brilliantly designed helmet at a fraction of a cost. Stick with 1Storm and you will not regret it. ILM offers you one of the best motorcycle helmets in the market that comes with a dual visor and flip up modular design.
The company provides extremely versatile and durable products which are perfect for riding in the city as well as the countryside. The helmets come in a wide range when it comes to both size and colours, and are equipped with a wide array of features that make them easily the best products in the market when it comes to motorcycle gear.
The ILM motorcycles are easy to use, comfortable and safe. Not only that, they also have enhanced functionality and top-notch performance because of their ultra modern features. The ABS outer skeleton is highly resistant to breakage and the perfect material for making the shell of helmet.
They also have a comfortable liner which can be removed easily and washed. Not to mention the dual visor, which is ideal for riding in both harsh sunlight and low light. The product also has a perfectly integrated chin strap which converts the helmet from half face to full face with just the click of a button. Other important features include a top notch ventilation system and completely flawless aerodynamic construction.
Yema is relatively less known, but nevertheless, one of the best companies in the market working towards providing durable and sturdy products when it comes to modular helmets.
Yema modular helmets are ideal for not just men, but they can also be used by women due to their versatility. They can be used for racing, cruising, while still being perfectly capable of handling the stress when it comes to street biking. That is indeed the definition of versatility.
The outside shell of these helmets is made of Ethylene Polystyrene which is a cheap and lightweight material. It is also highly aerodynamic, thus reducing wind resistance and traffic noise. You’ll also get a product that is equipped with all the modern features that you can ask for in a modular helmet.
These features include a well crafted ventilation system, a chin strap with multi density material for extra safety, removable inner lining, enough space to fit in prescription glasses and a Bluetooth headset inside the helmet, and a dual tinted visor that can be switched with the press of a single button.